Friday, July 6, 2012

Button bowl

This project seems pretty easy then became tedious quick.  I started my drizzling glue on the ballon and then just sticking the buttons on but that was not a good idea.  The glue made the buttons slip around all over the balloon so for this part of the project less is more.  Eventually I started flipping the buttons upside down and putting one drop of glue on it and letting it dry a bit to become tacky then I stuck it to the balloon where I wanted and this method worked much better. Once I was satisfied with the shape of my button bowl I let the glue dry over night.


Once step one dried over night, I coated the buttons with Modge Podge.  I suggest only coating the buttons and not any portion of the balloon. If you get Modge Podge on the balloon it will dry leaving a layer of Modge Podge around the edge of your bowl that you will have to cut or tear off. I know this because that is what I did ;) I then let the layer of Modge Podge dry overnight before popping the balloon.  Once you have popped the balloon you may find that the glue or Modge Podge is not completely dry. I just let my bowl dry overnight again before I placed anything inside of it.







I am very happy with the result! I think it is a great colorful addition to my sofa table!!

No comments:

Post a Comment