Sunday, June 24, 2012

Toilet paper roll flower

I started this creation while enjoying my morning coffee, that why it happens to be in the first photo.
I started by pressing the paper towel rolls flat then using the ruler to mark every 1/2 inch, so each of the paper towel roll "petals" are an 1/2 thick.


Then I used Elmer's glue to glue all of the "petals" together to make one great big flower. This is where you can be creative, making your own shapes and structures. There are so many possibilities!!



Then I just spray painted the entire flower, making sure I covered every nook and cranny.  I selected a hammered metal color but I think it would be lots of fun to make a collages of different sized flowers and paint them different colors like pink, teal, yellow, etc. I see another project in the making ;)


I hope to make a whole wall collage of these once completed I will post another picture. I do not really have a link for this creation so I hope this post explains enough. If not please let me know, I am more then willing to answer any questions you might have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment