Thursday, April 19, 2012

Retro picture upcycle

This is not my best Pin but it's not awful so we won't call it a complete fail.

First thing I would do differently is not make the coat of paint so thick. I would keep it light so the picture shows through a little bit.

The second thing I would do differently would be to peel the letters a bit slower because a few that I peeled off ripped the painting beneath.

And the third and final thing would be to draw a straight line across the painting where I want the letters to make sure they are all straight. The letters are a bit crooked but oh well!

I followed this link and took the authors advice and used spray paint and none of the paint bled into my letters. One thing I did right :)

Here is the finished product, doesn't look to bad once it is placed in my bedroom.




Sam thought this project was a bit boring...


This is when I should have stopped painting but instead I put another coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment